Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Gaming Arena

The place for the Underground Gaming Arena to make their game(s).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Before posting anything, make sure you have read and understand the Boundaries thread!
UGA forums and the project in stalemate. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

End of the Year Suspensions

Go down 
+2
blackcat08
ThaliaAnderson
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Name/Nickname : Thalia Female Zodiac : Capricorn
Birthday : 1994-12-30

End of the Year Suspensions Empty
PostSubject: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:59 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

Name/Nickname : Kat Female Zodiac : Capricorn
Birthday : 1993-01-08

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:03 pm

I know I've posted a comment on the journal already. But again, thank you very much Thalia! I just really hope that this time, a lot of members would come back and at least help us and participate.
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

Name/Nickname : Chip Male Zodiac : Aquarius
Birthday : 1994-02-02

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Yeah, thanks, Thalia! It's cruel but it's a fact.
Sorry for being inactive lately too. I've been visiting the forums more than once in a day though like I always do but I haven't been on a mood to comment much. Sorry 'bout that.
Rose commented on that new entry too. You'd better check it out, Thalia. And maybe you too, Kat. She's been really down lately...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChipDaMunkh?feature=mhee
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:33 pm

I did see it, and I responded to her. But the fact of the matter isn't that they haven't been posting; it's just clicking on the site and just logging in. It's a visit that counts towards activity, according to the forum management. And all the people I listed haven't looked at the board since those dates.

I don't mean to make people upset or think we don't want them; but they need to at least look around here if they want to say they're in here; it's only fair to those of us who ARE checking here.
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Yeah, you're absolutely right and I know what was the point here.
I was just a bit upset here because Rose and now Kira too said that they should be kicked out- 'probably'. They're taking this a bit too hard.
Anyways we sure need them to visit these forums once in a while. If they think that they themselves can't keep up then they should come here and write about their resignation or at least inform you and Doliath... *yawn*
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Yes, I know. Didn't mean for people to think it was so harsh or anything. But I responded to them both, trying to explain that their ideas are valuable, but we need the activity to really keep going.
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:30 am

Everything was explained well in the announcement, Thalia did not mention that she'd be kicking out those people who are on the list. All she asked was for them to at least log in and participate even once in a while. They are feeling to down too easily and being almost overly dramatic with just a little announcement and honestly that attitude pisses me off.

They have the time to log in on dA and do several shits there, be talkative, bug/annoy people etc., but they don't even have even at least 10 minutes to check out the forum? Gimme a break.

I'm pretty much tired of the drama and excuses. Everyone of us have RL problems, Chip has school and it's a lot of work, Thalia has health problems, I'm in an urgent situation regarding my flight to Hawaii and I'd have to work there soon, and the other active members deal with school, work, and urgent situations also, but did we start any drama and tell anyone we should be kicked out? No, instead we post on hiatus topic and still tried our best to contribute here. And I beleive they should do the same too.

We can't be too nice all the time, they just really take advantage of it 'til we're pissed off.
Back to top Go down
UVER
Music
UVER

Male Zodiac : Sagittarius
Birthday : 1989-12-18

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 5:00 am

^

well said.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:23 pm

Kat, I so appreciate that you are strong and honest/frank about everything; I'm so bad at that; I tiptoe around everything. >< You should have written the announcement! You have a way with words that is no-crap-allowed, and it's very refreshing. (:
Back to top Go down
Doliath
Admin
Doliath

Name/Nickname : David/Doliath Male Zodiac : Gemini
Birthday : 1991-05-23

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:13 pm

@Thalia: she can rewrite it if she want to. I can copy paste it in the original;)
@ Kat: Well said that. Thalia is right about you;) You really have to write more, when we need to bring a bit of bad news;)

I have every 3 months a few weeks that I need to study for school;) It doesnt really matter since I normally don't post much at here:P
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Heh, thanks guys. (:
And sure, I could help with writing announcements sometimes.
Actually, I'd appreciate it if you'd copy-paste what I said here to the announcement, at least they'd get to know what I said, and hopefully stop their drama. Tell them I wrote it, so that they'd have to go through me first if they can.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Well, if they stopped being lazy about it, they could just look at it on the forum.

I'm getting testy, sdkgjhrkutnwbe.
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:03 pm

LOLtruethey'retotallylazyXD. No matter what the situation may be, it's hard to make them log in the forum coz they're lazy, I bet the only option for them to shut up and stop asking for sympathy/making drama is to get this copy pasted.
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:02 am

I feel like a wuss now!
I've tried to keep things calm and not to hurt anyone emotionally since I am trying to sympathize so much with the drama around me but gotta admit that I too am kinda frustrated...
Geez, I guess I need to toughen myself up a bit more now since all of you are on that opinion. O_o''
You all are right though.
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:53 am

the drama regarding that little harmless announcement is frustrating and not even necessary, and there are just times when some (or maybe I) can't sympathize anymore since I'm a bit fed up with all the stupid drama and excuses. I/anyone in this group is giving them a chance, yet they abuse it until we get pissed off.

And be ready now, since this copy-paste thing might/has to be done.
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 am

True. I can't take it either if people stay down for too long... Mostly because I myself am like that too and I know you can't proceed if you're sulking or mourning "more than it's necessary."
I am just worried of Nexis and Rose. They do have good reasons for their absence but it's true too that people should notify here of their extended hiatus.
Enough of that though. Your decisions are clear!

I am ready! >__</

Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 3:23 am

Who's Nexis again? lolololjk
And true, it's almost a year since the majority have been inactive.
And I did notice something about those two. Something that pisses me off. It's like one quits, and the other seems to be quitting on us. BS.

Lol /shoots several times
You should've gotten a kevlar. :O
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:02 am

Well it's only natural since those two were kinda like-minded and they discussed lots of things together and came up with awesome stuff.
For example, if you'd quit, Kat, I would probably too. But I know there's no reason for you to give up!

Sorry 'bout bringing up an old matter but if Rose really quits then we need to think over some of Nexis' ideas and characters. Didn't he say that he'd pull out most of his ideas if Rose or -I think- I'd quit. It's not a hard task to think these things over again but very unfortunate.

Why am I being shot over and over again, you biatch!!!?? DD:::::
Whatever, because I've got--- Well guess! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IE3KdcTgrno#t=72s XDDD
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:42 am

Heh, to be honest, if one of my friends quit the project, I won't quit as long as I'm having fun. I'd only start quitting if I feel like I'm being treated badly. I guess I'm just too or a bit different from them. Also, if that's the case, why won't she just say "I quit" instead of promising and breaking promises later? Because really, keeping hopes up is just upsetting. And of course there's no reason for me to give up especially now.

And it's fine. It's okay to talk about those things actually, at least we're being ready.
Like you said, the idea of replacement is simple. And he go cause hell and pull out what he wants, he's being too bitter over his own decision.

Because I'm a biatch, and I have Roxi's gun. (:<
OH MHA GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH! Impenetrable b- /dieslaughing XD
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:22 am

Well, you can start blaring "Past the Point of No Return" from Phantom of the Opera because it's officially COPY/PASTED.

Now we'll just lie in wait and see what happens.

Well, I didn't know anybody going into this project. But I mean, you guys have become my friends and we're like a little family here. I'd be disappointed if anybody quit and I'd miss you tons. But I wouldn't pull out; I'd want to push on and end up making my friend proud of what we had started together. You know?

And Matthew only said that because he doesn't trust me with his ideas. >> But whatever. Now is not the time to open THAT box again, but I just get frustrated and annoyed.

The point is that we ALL do have things going on. And they're important things. I stayed home from school again today because of my health. I've had to drop out of the studios that I love and stop working with the people who I really enjoyed working with on YouTube because I couldn't meet deadlines. And I still notify you guys when there's even a chance I might be gone, because I don't want to catch you guys off guard. Kat is freaking moving into another country, and she still has time to look here every day! Chip and tons of others have school that nags at them constantly, plus whatever commissions you guys have as artists and just LIFE IS CRAZY FOR EVERYONE. And while I'd be sympathetic if they weren't able to be online much at all, like Kat said, most of these people are completely active on deviantArt every day, but can't find time to click a tab over and look at the board for three seconds.

I don't know, maybe this whole topic will go up in a smoke of flames and drama when some of these users actually come back, but they should know how bothersome this is and how important it is to progress to at least check in. Otherwise we're sitting around, waiting for someone who might or mught not come back.

OragamiKnight sent David a message awhile ago about maybe needing to quit, and the user hasn't really been back since. So...we can just move on from that and put that account on suspension for the time being.

ON A DIFFERENT/BETTER NOTE:
We've gotten like, a billion little applications for new artists! One is beginning their "test" period tomorrow, and another said they wouldn't be able to be active much this month, so their little test period is going to start next month, after finals are over. And we have like, three others that we haven't decided on yet and rjktwyfk5rcnhckrth.
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Bwahaha! Okay, okay I give up! When you guys put it that way I think I wouldn't quit either!
I'm already proud of what we've accomplished and I'll keep going on! I just hope that most of us who started this project would bring it to its end.
But I guess we can end this depressive topic now, eh? :')

And about those new artists, don't just pick anyone! I know you won't but I still wanted to note ya. x3
Could I too see the new artists, btw? Link, or sumthing~ If Kat and I will be working as "chief artists" I'd like to see the candidates myself. Gotta know with who am I going to work with and what are their skills or specialities. It would help at organizing things.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Sure; in the "Memberlist" entry on the group, it lists the "test" artists. Just check ut there; one of them signed up as primarily doing monsters and maps! Can I just say HALLELUJAH?!

They're all just on test periods now; told them to go sign up for the forum, so you'll see them around. (:
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks! Just checked out these three candidates those are on the trials.
I may sound a bit of an a**hole but I think only one of those three show'd some promises...
Also I saw an artist I couldn't recogniz on the list. Any info about him? Goess with a name of Shadowdie.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Hmm; there's four now. David must have accepted another one. But it's not really about overall talent/ability; Sabrina will be doing all the final character sketches at least, and we just need enough detail for the modelers to go by. So hopefully all will work out.

I didn't regonize it either. There are four users on that list who never signed up for the forum; so I'm voting to just kick them out now...
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:40 pm

I know it's not about the overall ability. I carefully checked out their works and what they are capable of.
I just don't want any extra artists who can't come up anything new... Yup, what a bastard I am. I'll leave the decisions for you guys. :')

Four? Only Shadow was unfamiliar to me but if you're now talking about the members those haven't been on the forums in moths or weeks then it's a different story. I think I've talked almost with everyone on the "artists memberlist."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the Year Suspensions   End of the Year Suspensions Empty

Back to top Go down

End of the Year Suspensions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next