Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Gaming Arena

The place for the Underground Gaming Arena to make their game(s).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Before posting anything, make sure you have read and understand the Boundaries thread!
UGA forums and the project in stalemate. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Aysel Risur (White Mage)

Go down 
+2
enchantedrose21
ThaliaAnderson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Name/Nickname : Thalia Female Zodiac : Capricorn
Birthday : 1994-12-30

Aysel Risur (White Mage) Empty
PostSubject: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Uhhh, whipped something up? XD
I think she's going to be paired with Nemus? I tried to make her personality a bit compatible, ahahaha.

Name: Aysel Risur
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 110-115lbs
Eyes: Light green
Hair: Ash-blonde
Blood type: A
Weapon: Staves (main; Exalted Stave)

Personality: Like a typical type-A personality, Aysel is a rule-follower, careful with words, sympathetic, self-sacrificing, hoenst, and loyal. But she has a will of her own, even if she'll sometimes bend her wishes to make her friends happier, even if it means not being so happy herself. When it comes to protecting the ones she cares about, she'll do anything, but often doubts if she's able to doing any physically and is worried that she'll never be able to unlock her potential as a mage. She likes to study Illeanna's way of doing things and looks up to her as a role model and has high hopes of being like her. Despite how quiet and reserved she usually is, she likes to laugh, which happens plenty with Nemus around. All in all, she wants to do whatever she can to help save the world and maybe make a few friends along the way; maybe she'll even come a little out of her comfort zone.

I'm really open to suggestions about her. I just really want her to be more of a reserved character (our party is full of hot-heads and sarcastic members so far it seems, ahahaha) and I want her name to stay Aysel Risur, as Aysel means "light". I guess she's sort of a mix between a white mage and summoner, because she uses staves (thought it'd be lame for two characters to have rods, ahahah), and perhaps if we end up going with the device that increases one's abilities, her increased ability is being able to summon the aeons/summons/whatever you call them.

General

Full name: Aysel Risur

Nickname(s): None; Aysel

Species: Draiocht (Human in appearance)

Birthday: December 15th

Sexuality: Straight

Relationship Status: Single (for the time-being)

Nationality: Draiocht

City or town of birth: Unknown; presumed to be Alberon

Currently lives: Alberon, west to the Faylyn Forest.

Languages spoken: English, Asaetr

Native language: Asaetr, English

Class: White Mage/Summoner

Blood Type: A

Religious beliefs: Draiocht; nature

Smoker?: No

Drinker?: No.

Drug User?: No.

Appearance

Height: 5’6”

Weight: 115lbs

Figure/build: Slight, thin.

Hairstyle and colour: Chest-length, medium-thickness, ash-blonde.

Eye colour: Light green.

Skin/fur colour: Fair-skinned.

Tattoos: A small sunburst-looking tattoo on her right hand; the Draiocht birthmark.

Scars: None.

Piercings: None.

Preferred style of clothing: Medium-length traditional-style dresses. closed-toe sandals, silk headbands. Dress of classic white mage/summoner.

Personality (and other stuff)

Personality: Like a typical type-A personality, Aysel is a rule-follower, careful with words, sympathetic, self-sacrificing, honest, and loyal. But she has a will of her own, even if she'll sometimes bend her wishes to make her friends happier, even if it means not being so happy herself. When it comes to protecting the ones she cares about, she'll do anything, but often doubts if she's able to doing any physically and is worried that she'll never be able to unlock her potential as a mage. She likes to study Illeanna's way of doing things and looks up to her as a role model and has high hopes of being like her. Despite how quiet and reserved she usually is, she likes to laugh, which happens plenty with Nemus around. All in all, she wants to do whatever she can to help save the world and maybe make a few friends along the way; maybe she'll even come a little out of her comfort zone.

Likes: When things are quiet; being with other people; watching/being tutored by Illeanna

Dislikes: Liars; hurtful people; rule breakers

Fears/phobias: Angrophobia (becoming too angry)

Favourite colour: White

Favourite food(s): Things from nature; greens, vegetables, simple meals.

Favourite drink(s): Water

Hobbies: Study of the old magics; browsing historical facts.

Talents/skills: Ability to summon, peacemaker, can keep her temper in heated situations.

Combat

Peaceful or aggressive: Generally peaceful, but uses her gifts when she can.

Fighting skills/techniques: Because she is a white mage, her spells mainly focus on the healing and protecting of others. When the [device] is in her possession, she can call upon the aid of summons and use them to fight beside her.

Weapon of choice (if any): Staves. (Main stave: Exalted Stave)

Relationships

Parents: She grew up with the Draiochts; she has no idea who her parents are, but has an idea that she was taken to the Draiochts by them so she could be safe and learn how to wield her gifts. As far as she knows, the leaders of the Draiocht tribe she lived in are the closest to parents she has.

Siblings: None.

Children: None.

Other Important Relatives: None.

Significant Other: (later in story) Nemus.

Best Friend: Illeanna

Other Important Friends: Other teammates: Drake; Arkam, Izareen

Enemies: Gavrial and her cohorts.

Pets: None.

Life story

Situation of the character's birth (where, when etc): As far as she knows, Aysel was born in the Draiocht ruins of Alberon, west to the Faylyn Forest. Her parents saw the birthmark on her right hand when she was very small and knew to take her to the Draiochts immediately, though they hated the idea of giving up their baby girl. They knew, however, that it would be best for her to be with her people, though they were not allowed to see the hallowed city. They arranged a meeting with one of the village leaders, who came to the outskirts of the forest to meet with them and take Aysel back to Alberon. There, Kazar (the current leader of the Draiocht), raised Aysel as his daughter.

Describe their childhood (newborn - age 10): Aysel was trained, as all Draiochts, in the skills of white magic; healing abilities and the studying of summons, though few, if any, Draiochts have the actual power to call upon the beasts of the Old Times for personal aid. She was taught by Kazar how to read, write, and speak the Old Tongue, Asaetr, and to read maps in the forgotten language. She began to learn her first spells and developed as a skilled mage very quickly for her young age.

Teenage years (11 - 19): Aysel began to take special interest in the history of her people and of the world around her. She studied diligently the findings of her ancestors and stumbled upon long forgotten facts of the renowned Exstasis Orb, long forgotten by most of humanity, except for a small percentage.
She was chosen by her people to be in the Gavrial’s select few to find the Orb and bring it back for the good of the kingdom. However, because she had studied various ideas on what the Orb could do, she felt rather uneasy about the quest, fully knowing that it could corrupt even the most wholesome souls, even her own if she allowed it to. But she refused to let down her people, especially Kazar, and took of the quest despite her original thoughts.

On her way through the Faylyn Forest, she stumbled upon a beast she could not defeat, both because she did not know if she could harm another living thing and also because she did not know how. She was rescued by Illeanna, who had been passing by herself on the way to see the Queen, and she took Aysel under her wing and helped her find her way safely to the palace. Aysel looked up to Illeanna as an older sister, never having had a sibling before. Illeanna is her role model, both in behavior and in the magic arts.

Upon arriving at the castle, she, Illeanna and two others, Drake and Nemus are briefed on the incredibly important journey and are set away to find the Orb and bring it back to the Queen.

RANDOM WANDERING, YES.

Adult years (20 on): ????

Last edited by ThaliaAnderson on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Name/Nickname : Rose Female Posts : 566

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:31 pm

I like the idea so far...she sounds very sweet. And I looooove the idea of her and Illeana being friends.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Illeanna seems like someone to look up to, at least to somebody in the same area of ability. (:

Gosh, I LOVE forming character relations.
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Lol me too...and connecting story bits...
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm changing her hair color to an ash-blonde. I think it suits her better. (:

EDIT:
I worked a bit on her full biography. I left some spaces empty because I didn't really have any ideas, so feel free to shout out ideas for those empty spaces.

Rose and anyone else working on backstory, we could start a PM on this site going and talk about backstory options for Aysel. I gave her the background and childhood of a Druid because the Druids were said to have been a peaceful race, who used their magic for protection and healing spells alone. Children born with the "mark" (the tattoo on the hand) are of a Druid descent somewhere in their bloodline and are taken to be trained in the ways of the Druid. My closest guess to why her parents would have taken her so early is that they were afraid of having a child of magic descent? We can work that out later.

And it was no fun having all these humans and the one forest-dweller yet-to-be-named. (: So this is a human-like appearance, but another race entirely. And Druids are a well-known mythological race that if people saw their incorportation to something like Final Fantasy, they'd be intriguied to see something familar like that.
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 pm

I like the story you've come up with so far...and I hear what you're saying about there not being enough 'non-human' characters...I love the idea of her being given to a race to be raised and taught how to master her awesome 'white mageness'...I can see you are definitely an Arthurian geek lol...I am just having a thought here...

It's just a suggestion, and feel free to shoot it down but...while it's true that the druids are well-known in mythology, wouldn't it be cool to come up with something kinda based on that, but of our own making? Perhaps they live in close contact with the forest people, who commune with nature, and perhaps the forest people taught them how to be at peace with living things and etc. They could be similar, but there are aspects of the druids, such as tree worship and stone circles that might be difficult to stick in there is all I'm thinking...maybe we could call the race draiocht (celtic for magic) and they can have all those aspects, but also some of our own...like I said, just spit balling and throwing that out there.

Anyway, the PM thing sounds like such a good idea...would you like to start it out?
Back to top Go down
PrincessKairi25
Organizer
PrincessKairi25

Name/Nickname : Nishma, Princess, or Kairi Female Zodiac : Gemini
Birthday : 1994-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Good that we have a peacemaker. I just noticed that we really didn't until now.

Yay for character relationships!
I don't think that Illeanna would be the type to want someone to look up to her just because she would be kind of afraid of failing Aysel but she wouldn't admit that so she would just go with it to keep Aysel happy.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm going to go take a permit test right now, so once I get home again, I'll send a PM out to the two of you so we can work on backstory and get a bit further into things.

I'm really happy designing peacemakers, ahahaha. They're my favorites!
Really? It seems like she'd be a really good role model, ahahaha.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKairi25
Organizer
PrincessKairi25

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Oh good luck on your test!

I like hothead because they're entertaining but everyone loves a good peacemaker.
Haha, she might be but she doesn't think she is. That's the fragile, afraid to fail, side of her.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Ahahah, well, it can't be anymore fragile than basically all of Aysel, so that's good! (:

And thanks. (:
Back to top Go down
PrincessKairi25
Organizer
PrincessKairi25

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:29 pm

I guess they're more alike than they know. I think they'll have an interesting relationship.

And you're welcome (:
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 12:08 pm

Updated her bio!
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

Name/Nickname : Chip Male Zodiac : Aquarius
Birthday : 1994-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Ok so I'm going to do a "quick" sketch of this character next! I hope I'll manage to keep it as you like Thalia. ^^ I'll try to make it in two days using about 30 min again. Hahaha! x'D I hate school.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChipDaMunkh?feature=mhee
Reecey-Boy
Artist

Name/Nickname : Reecey Female Zodiac : Scorpio
Birthday : 1989-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:13 pm

May I make a suggestion?

You have a fear of being angry in her bio, and I think it might be interesting if she has something of an anger management problem. Maybe it mostly controlled with the occasional violent outburst?

Reading through the topic has hinted at something like that, but I think it might be a good idea to make it more of a prominent feature in her personality. At the moment she seems just a bit too... nice.

And personally, I really like the idea of a healer with anger issues and the occasional violent outburst. I mean, she'd clearly be mostly on top of it, but it'd come through occasionally.

I haven't seen too many healer types with a dark side and inner demons, so it would be an interesting idea to play with. Especially if it's not obvious at the outset and her desire to remain calm and avoid anger is the main motivation for her peacemaking tendencies, because she understands first hand how important that is.

Maybe?
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:01 pm

While I thinkn it is an interesting concept, I feel like Aysel's character is too far developed on her current pattern to change from it now. She's listed as having a fear of being angry because she's afraid of feelings like that, and they aren't usual for her. She doesn't like causing confrontation, and she's a little bit of a wimp when it comes to defending herself/arguing with other people. Part of being a member of her race is to be a peacemaker, and to not be violent. It would go against everything else in her character if part of her were that way, considering her peaceful and "loving" upbringing, you know? If a wild animal were about to try and eat her, she probably wouldn't do anything to hurt it, because...things like that just aren't her. And if we were to change it now, it just wouldn't feel like Aysel anymore, you know?

I mean, it is an interesting concept, and maybe we can introduce in a side character (maybe one of the others in her village?) or something, but doesn't really mesh with the rest of her character, especially at this point.
Back to top Go down
Reecey-Boy
Artist

Name/Nickname : Reecey Female Zodiac : Scorpio
Birthday : 1989-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 am

Yes, but having this one thing go against everything else would make her a more conflicted character.

As Aysel currently is (judging by her bio) she doesn't have that. She doesn't even come close.

I hate to say this, but she's rather generic. There's nothing in this bio that makes her distinct from other white mage/summoner characters, like Rosa from FF4 or Yuna from FF10.

I really do think it's in the best interests of the project to look over Aysel's character and reconsider it. Even if you leave out my idea, she needs to have some conflict in herself.

Like, was she raised by caring people or were her adopted parents distant and left her to the staff? Does she resent being a draiocht at all? Does she fit in well to draiocht society? Was she bullied as a child? Does she have self esteem problems at all? Have her studies made her distant from people in her own age group? Does her dislike of liars and rulebreakers make her at all self righteous?

Things like that. There needs to be things to dislike about her too,apart from her lack of self-preservation instinct.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

I've actually been looking to see if anybody else is going to respond first, so I can see a couple other opinions before I respond. Hope you didn't think I was ignoring you!
Back to top Go down
UVER
Music
UVER

Male Zodiac : Sagittarius
Birthday : 1989-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:20 pm

IMO, i quite like Chip's suggestions. Smile Would really set her apart from typical healers we usually see in games. Plus the conflict it will make against her race is interesting.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:33 pm

The thing with THAT particular change to her character is that it would alter everything she is. She wouldn't even by Aysel anymore. If we chose to change something, it needs to be something a lot smaller. Being Draoicht isn't a "bloodline" thing. It's a "meant to be/born by nature" thing. She wouldn't have been born Draoicht if it wasn't already hardwired into her personality that she was naturally like them. She is Draoicht because she was meant to be. It would go against the world and the nature of her birth and her circumstances if we made her a naturally angry person. If she naturally had to supress rage, she wouldn't have been born as a Draoicht. She'd be human.
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Didn't suggest anything yet, Uver. :')
Sorry for being silent here, still waiting for more work entries for the v-artists... And still waiting for the critique, Thalia!

I myself am on Thalia's side. Not because of that Draoicht thing only but I see that her pacifist like attitude is enough of a problem.
I think that it'd be interestesting, though, if a Draoicht would try to oppose his/her mark. What would happen? Would it destroy his/her heart or would it bring disaster? I dunno~ How's that?
Oh, and I wasn't aware of a few facts here considering Draoicht. Would you update a bit, Thalia? Smile
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Well, it's not a "race" in the sense that it's in your blood. Aysel's parents weren't Draoicht. They're chosen, born with the mark, because of the nature of their hearts. If they're peacful people, who possess the ability to wield that kind of power, they'll have the mark. I've had to really think about it a lot, though, because I know if the only thing Aysel could do in the game was heal people/do magic, nobody would want to play her. She has to be able to attack, so it'll be interesting. I think her overcoming that part of her nature to love and keep peace in order to defend the people she cares about is going to provide a journey through her character.

I don't know what would happen if a Draoicht tried to oppose their mark. Because they're chosen for the nature and loving hearts, it'd be hard to want to oppose it, since if they wanted to oppose it, they wouldn't have been chosen in the first place. Aysel grows in having to work her way past everything she's learned growing up and understand when it's okay to fight and defend. She already has to turn her back on all of those teachings she's learned all the years of her life and having to change it because of the nature of their quest. If anything, Pike's death makes her want to defend. So I suppose it's the opposite of what was suggested--she has to work past her pacifist upbringing and gentle tendancies in order to learn when it's alright to defend herself and those around her.
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:59 am

Well that much I figured out since she's pretty much like a human. Or have the writers given us wrong information!? My god! XD
Hmm-m... So you agree on what I just suggested or more likely repeated some old stuff then?
I now understand that the mark is born because of Draoicht's nature of the heart and that led me a new idea.
Like you said it'll be interesting enough to make Aysel oppose her nature by making her to defend her friends and loved ones by attending to battles and such, but here's what I had in mind. If a Draoicht opposes his/her nature that would demand lots of willpower, right? What if it'd be possible to change your mark through that strong willpower? That would mean changing yourself completely, though! Of course, I don't think that Aysel would be able to do this but maybe some Draoicht could've been able to do this? Maybe those who were partly Draoicht and partly "human" or those who've had it rough, I dunno, it's your "race" after all. Anyways, that was just a little filler~

Also I was thinking that maybe Aysel wouldn't attend to battles during the first hours (or minutes) of the game. Healers aren't that necessary during the first hours, I think. Depends, though.

Yeah...
I was just wondering, why would Aysel leave to this quest if she'd have to abandon all her teachings? Or doesn't she know this when she leaves her home and takes up the challenge only thinking about her responsibility as a priestess and such?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aysel Risur (White Mage)   Aysel Risur (White Mage) Empty

Back to top Go down

Aysel Risur (White Mage)
Page 1 of 1