Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Gaming Arena

The place for the Underground Gaming Arena to make their game(s).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Before posting anything, make sure you have read and understand the Boundaries thread!
UGA forums and the project in stalemate. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Chatbox Updates

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Name/Nickname : Thalia Female Zodiac : Capricorn
Birthday : 1994-12-30

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:44 pm

I made a chatbox to save some space when we were on at the same time. Nexis, Rose and I were on this time, and we came up with a lot of ideas.

The grand queen, Gavrial, is trying to decieve one of our heroes. At first, we were thinking Drake, since he's the top main character after Illeanna, right? But then we figured his personality was already a "play-a" type, and he'd probably try to seduce her and now the other way around. XD So if the Nemus/Aysel pairing works out (waiting for Chipmunk's confirmation on that one), maybe Gavrial will try and decieve him with her incantation? It would be a huge ordeal, in the end, not because they know Gavrial is the bad guy behind it all, but because there could be arguments about it, and even though Aysel isn't the type to argue about something like her feelings, her usual "optimistic" attitude about the mission would probably be incredibly different.

Rose made the suggestion that Aysel might have to use the "unlocked" powers of her...white mage-ness (..XD) to undo the enchantment.

Just tossing around ideas after hours, hahaha. We'll be able to start writing the in-depth bios soon. Rose volunteered to make the last character (the ranger) and as long as everyone agrees with the character outlines, we can always tweak the relationships.

EDIT:
An idea Rose & I had for the Queen's "seduction" method.
An enchantment called something like the "Grand Ivocation of Falsehood". Decietful, it seems, hahaha. (:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Name/Nickname : Rose Female Posts : 566

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

LOL OMG I sooo love that!! That is the ultimate in awesomeness!!! This is going to rock!
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:00 pm

Okay Nexis and I were chatting tonight about the relationships between our characters and what not...and we had some cool ideas for a couple of battles in the game as well as a meeting of characters:

The concepts we came up with were that Izareen, my dragoon, and Arkam, his Alchemist/Mage, will meet up and be traveling together and meet up with the main party after they have accepted the quest from the Queen...we just couldn't see either of them being summoned to the castle.

Our idea was that they meet up on a ship traveling somewhere...a monster attacks the ship and they all fight together.

Arkam and Izareen's relationship is like a mother and son (Nexis came up with the idea of Ark calling her 'Mama Iza' squuueeee)

We also came up with the idea that there is sort-of a tragic lovestory between Izareen and Levran Crest...he trained her and they were in love, but he was corrupted and it ended tragically. In the end, she has to face him in battle...(boss battle, she fights him alone the first time in maybe a pre-programmed battle or cutscene, he morphs into his final form and the whole party fights him)...in the end he is defeated and they have a brief and sad parting after which he dies (goes to the Lifestream or whatever) in her arms.

I will expand more on the character relationships in the bios section, but first I thought I would post it and make sure everyone is okay with these ideas?
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

Name/Nickname : Chip Male Zodiac : Aquarius
Birthday : 1994-02-02

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:56 am

I love your ideas! Good job! I'll accept them. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChipDaMunkh?feature=mhee
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:25 am

Yeah, that sounds great! I really love that boss battle part; it reminds me of having to fight Rikku and Paine in the Crimson Squad cavern, right? It sounds great. (:
Back to top Go down
PrincessKairi25
Organizer
PrincessKairi25

Name/Nickname : Nishma, Princess, or Kairi Female Zodiac : Gemini
Birthday : 1994-05-25

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:33 pm

I love it! I really don't know why I love tragic backstories so much but it sounds great. If we do that scene where Levran dies just right it could become a really memorable scene in the game.

And that Mama Iza thing is adorable!
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:40 pm

@chipmunk Thank you sooo much!!

@Thalia Thanks! Yes, poor Iza...I guess she's fated to stay single, but at least she has Arkam!

@Kairi Do you really think so? I'm so happy to hear it!
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:24 am

NEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEW

This was Rose and I talking (Rose seems to always be involved, ahahaha). We're in the same time zone, so we're on a lot at the same time, hahah.

We brainstormed some things about Drake and Illeanna, but I'll leave that to Rose to discuss with Kairi so all that can get worked out and smoothed over. We mainly discussed the relation between Aysel's and Izareen's races, the Draiocht and the Faroise, respectively. Both are ancient races, dating back to the beginning of the land's time. Both groups are peaceful allies with one another and share their knowledge between them. They have ancient scrolls recording the creation of the Orb and theories on what it could have been used for, anciently, and maps indicating where it has been speculated to be placed. However, these maps are written in an ancient language dead to the rest of the world, and kept alive on in the villages of the Draiocht and the Faroise. This would give both Aysel and Izareen an impotant role in the game, to navigate the team and give helpful bits and pieces of information as they're discovered.

We came up with names for the village of the Draiocht and the Faroise city, as well as the forest they are located in/nearby.

Draiocht ruins: Alberon
Faroise city: Amene
Woods: Faylyn Forest
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:53 am

Okay, fast one that me and Nexis talked about earlier today...

The Omega sidequest becomes important because if the player fails to complete it, after fighting Levran and before facing the final boss, it will come down to one of two choices...

You will have to sacrifice Arkam from your party (as in he will die) to learn the missing ultimate magic in his book...this will trigger a cutscene of he and Iza exchanging a tearful goodbye, and a last exchange between her and Levran as a bonus before both disappear/dissolve into the Serene (our name for the Lifestream/Farplane place for now)

If you choose not to sacrifice Arkam, Iza knocks him out so he won't be involved in the final battle...and the boss will pretty much kill your final party...but if you can keep at least one party member alive for a certain length of time, Ark will come to and help to heal/revive your party or save the day somehow...

IF you complete the Omega sidequest, you will gain the ultimate techniques of the book and the option to sacrifice or not sacrifice will never come up. What do y'all think? This is just a bare-bones version, the dialogue we threw around would make your heart bleed Sad
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:59 am

Oh my god you're horrible but that idea is great. :') I decided to create a new topic considering the side quests. We could continue the discussion in there? Makes things less confusing. ^^
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Hey, what if Arkam has to have the Rxstasis Orb equipped to use the recipe? That could be his big things when he has it equipped? Like items when combined with the power of the Orb exhibits a "full-heal" for the whole party?
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Well, if everyone else is dead, odds are he could just pick up the orb and do his thing right? XD
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:11 am

Okay, Thalia and I talking again (Yes, I'm always involved in the chats I am the Forum lurrrkerrrr mwahaha)

Okay, we kind of melded the two ideas we had about the final boss battle into one...

The party will reach Gavrial's castle, have to fight one of their own (I'll let Thalia and Chipmunk fill in the details, since they were the ones who came up with it in PM XD ) and as soon as the battles over, they will all be variously separated...

Drake and Illeana will end up at the door to Gavrial's throneroom, guarded by Levran. The pairs of Aysel/Nemus and Iza/Ark will each end up fighting one of the other two bosses. Drake and Illeana will fight Levran and no matter whether they get KO'd or not, the game will proceed (if they survive for enough time, the rest of the party will find them...if they lose, it will trigger a cutscene) to the rest of the party arriving and Levran challenging Iza to a fight...of course, she bests him, he morphs, the whole party fights yada yada we know where it goes from there.

We also were tossing around the idea that Gavrial has three forms instead of two when you finally fight her, since most final fights tend to have the bosses in three forms...I will post the description of our final form idea in Gavrial's profile later...

Thirdly, we had the idea for Drake's story...

Drake will come from an ancient bloodline. His sword, Caliburn, can only be used by someone of that bloodline. Drake doesn't know about any of this...but it's also the reason Queen Gavrial torched his village...she wanted to eliminate the bloodline for one very important reason...let's just say there's a reason Caliburn is also called the Sword of the King...

It's not going to be a huuuuge element in the story in that it won't interfere with the plot...the sword's attacks will demonstrate how powerful it is, and we only have to show once or twice that the sword can't be used by anyone else, or have Drake mention it, etc.

Theeen when the party faces Gavrial, she reacts upon seeing the sword and the truth is revealed! And then when Gavrial is vanquished, Drake gets to be KING!!! But that lasts all of five minutes and then he appoints Nemus as his steward and goes off adventuring with Illeana XD

Okay, I think I got everything, but I'm sure Thalia will post anything I miss...

So what does everyone think? Love? Hate? Let me know.
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:48 am

Is it too simple if I just say that I like your idea (again). :''D

The final battle separation is freaking awesome idea and makes the battle more epic. The final final battle will be of course fought with every character.

Drake's story is good too. It kinda goes to the King Arthur's ( my name comes from that 🇱🇦 ) way but it's nt half bad idea that he would be the king. And I gotta love that idea that Nemus would work as steward! He and Aysel~ Awwww

Gah! Just simply love your ideas! Big Grin
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

Name/Nickname : Matthew/Nexis Male Zodiac : Leo
Birthday : 1985-08-18

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:50 pm

So, I do have one question as for endings. I assume we're going to have multiple different endings?

1: Incomplete, With Arkam
No Omega side-quest, no ultimate abilities

2: Incomplete, Without Arkam
No Omega Side-quest, Ultimate abilities, Arkam dead

3: Complete (with Arkam automatically)

And, probably, there's gonna be a few more endings. I like the idea of a multiple-ending game, kind of like Chrono Trigger, except with the choices you make along the way instead of when you beat the game.
Back to top Go down
PrincessKairi25
Organizer
PrincessKairi25

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:41 pm

I feel like the only thing I can say is I like it ^^ I was thinking King Aurthur when I read Drake's backstory but leaving the throne to Nemus would be different.

@Nexis
We are going to need multiple endings but maybe we should also have a secret ending for completing the game. Although it might be hard to decide what to put in it.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:41 pm

I was tossing around a cutscene idea in my head (when I'm trying to go to sleep, I have to think up scenes with characters that I've been using/have inspired my lately or else I literally cannot sleep, hahahah) where Drake becomes King and appoints duties to the other party members.

I was thinking something like Nemus becomes the commander of the Chocobo Knights (I assume we'll need new, less corrupted ones, ahahaha)/head of guard.
Aysel becomes a lady.
Izareen becomes Queen/adverture partner..? XD
Izareen & Arkam get special positions in the knights, because I can't see Izareen as being a "lady" persay, but maybe like lieutenits or something and they get to do something cool, hahhaa.

Just random thoughts, because I think the characters will mainly be friends after all is said and done and this way, they'll all be hanging out at the castle and can still see each other.

Another idea I had is that the Exstasis Orb is a huuuge part of history; the Draiocht and the Faoirse have considered it sacred since its creation. Maybe instead of destroying the Orb, Aysel takes it to the Draiocht to be hidden somewhere, but that part of history won't die.

Anyway, to clarify some things Rose said:

The main idea was that when you get to the castle, Nemus begins to agree with Gavrial's side of things more and more, because he's been carrying the Orb for awhile (I don't know if his putting the Orb on himself/it gets locked onto him thing was mentioned), and he becomes violent when Drake tries to take it from him. You then have to fight Nemus and knock him out. When you "defeat" him, Aysel goes to him, takes the Orb and tries to heal him. Meanwhile, the floor (or something) drops out from underneath the other characters and they all get separated in pairs of two. Aysel and Nemus have to fight Allerian (that was my idea, since she seems weakest and Aysel won't be of much use, attacking-wise), somewhere else Iza and Ark have to fight Garland.

Drake & Illeanna run into Levran, and like Rose said, it all plays out according to her words, hahaha. And thus ends the game?

My only question is how they discover for a fact that the Queen was evil. Maybe they don't know until they have to fight Gavrial's colleagues? And then it's revealed to them, and at first, Gavrial acts all nice and happy and then she discovers that they know the truth and attacks them?
Back to top Go down
PrincessKairi25
Organizer
PrincessKairi25

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:21 pm

@Thalia
I'm not sure if things should end that... happy. I don't mean to say that we should have a depressing ending but I can't really see Drake as being king but I didn't design him so I guess that's up to rose. But I'm fine if everyone else is okay with this.
Oh and you put Izareen in twice ^^

Thank you for clarifying all that, I was a bit confused as to who was fighting who and what was going to happen before the final boss.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Bahhhhhhh, Illeanna becomes Queen. ^^;
sudden, impulsive character interest shift, looooool
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks for clarifying, Thalia...I didn't wanna go telling the whole thing about Nemus until you and Chipmunk said it was okay...I didn't know if you finalized the idea yet and all XD

I pretty much think it will go exactly as you said, since we know for sure that at least two of the villain group (Garland and Levran) will probably tell them the truth of the matter...but I kinda think Nemus being taken over by the dark side as they travel might give them a pretty good clue that the queen's not all she appears...

Also, did you mention that there are going to be two levels of 'boss' Nemus, normal and overdrive? Just wondering...We did come up with that last night, right?

@Kairi...he can't really see himself as King either...the whole thing is totally news to him when Gavrial reacts at seeing his sword in the final battle...that's why as soon as he becomes king, he leaves the throne to his bud and goes off adventuring with his beloved...he probably wouldn't make much of a ruler anyway XD

It was just an idea I had for the backstory because I wanted his sword to be somehow important and key to his backstory and it was all I could come up with...but if it's not generally liked, I can always tweak it or lose it altogether
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Oh, I don't even know if it was finalized, either. I'm just spouting off now because I think he sent me a PM back, but for some reason, I haven't gotten it.
And it doesn't entirely apply to just Nemus & Aysel, so I think it's probably more of a "group" discussion sort of thing. And we're already drowning in the random amounts of roses and butterflies that we've made this pairing to be, so we'll throw the violence out to everyone I guess. XD

So now, I'm just going to say what's on my mind, even though it's kind of cheesy and weird and I feel awkward talking about it to anyone except the voices in my head, but I figure we all have a level of weirdness to us and mine is just that I'm a little too much of a romanticist, hahha.

Okay, now I've talked myself out of it, so I'll just write it out later as a one shot sort of thing and throw it up for a yea or nay vote, hahaha.

If Drake isn't nice enough, and he appoints Nemus to a higher position like that, maybe Nemus is? XD Iza could be the captain of the guard and Ark could be her second in command, hahahha. (:
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Lol I'm a romantic, too...what choo talkin bout foo? Lol I pm'd Kairi this mushy reconciliation scene between Drake and Iliana so yeah, I'm pretty sure we think alike...except I also like some drama thrown in with a pairing...it seems to bring them closer somehow XD

Drake...I don't think it's so much that he wouldn't be a good king...as that he finds the idea of settling in one place and ruling boring haha XD plus he probably thinks giving his friend a whole palace and leaving him alone with his girl will mean wedding bells and a lot of babies by the time D & I get back...meaning Nemus owes him big time Wink
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:11 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I knew from the start we'd get along well. XD
Anywho, I started typing the thought, but it sounded really stupid all summarized, but now I don't even know if it'll sound right if I write it out.

SCREW IT.
I'm just going to PM you, Rose, and then if you like it enough you can post it. XD
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

Name/Nickname : Matthew/Nexis Male Zodiac : Leo
Birthday : 1985-08-18

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:14 pm

Wow...Lots for me to catch up on since I missed a day. T_T

Here's always a strange idea, depending on the ending...

IF Arkam's alive...we could always make HIM the young ruler? XD
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Interesring concept, but I'm not sure it would make much sense, because Drake has the say and he and Nemus have been dear friends since they were little? Seems like he'd leave it to someone who's been loyal and honest with him since the beginning of life, hahhaa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chatbox Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Updates   Chatbox Updates Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatbox Updates
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next