Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Gaming Arena

The place for the Underground Gaming Arena to make their game(s).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Before posting anything, make sure you have read and understand the Boundaries thread!
UGA forums and the project in stalemate. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Cute and friendly creatures

Go down 
+5
blackcat08
nexisfirestorm
kira999
enchantedrose21
ChipDaMunkh
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

Name/Nickname : Chip Male Zodiac : Aquarius
Birthday : 1994-02-02

Cute and friendly creatures Empty
PostSubject: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:16 am

This topic works almost like the old one, Moogles & Chocobos. Let's come up with cute little bunnies! Haha!

EDIT: 20th of December 2011
It's been a while since the last time I visited here.
Unfortunately we can't come up with FF creatures anymore and I assume everyone knows the reason for this already.
Happy bunny designing though!

Last edited by Chipmunkh on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChipDaMunkh?feature=mhee
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Name/Nickname : Rose Female Posts : 566

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm thinking of something that might conceivably replace the magic pots...

What about cute little fox-like creatures? In Japanese mythology, there are the kitsune, who are shape-changing fox mischief makers. Sometimes they help you, sometimes they play tricks on you XD

So the foxies can be kind of like a combo between the magic pots and the mushrooms in Kingdom Hearts...they somehow tell you what to give them and if you misread the hint or give them the wrong thing, they take off points or something, but if you give them the right thing, they will shower goodies on you. Just thinking...
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 am

I like the idea! A random creature that comes in many forms to give you a riddle. The riddle tells you what to do. Give a item or hit your friend for example. x'D There could be some tricky ones aswell. Some may ask directly you to do something but you must do just the opposite it asked. Big Grin
If you succes you'll gain some extra EXP or sumthing.
I would like to do concept art of this fox (once I've got free time D:).. Kitsune, was it?.. To the Wikipedia!!

Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Yes, kitsune...I also thought of ninetails ...they are kind of like kitsune, but they may make a more credible threat...they are supposed to be quite powerful Smile
Back to top Go down
kira999
Artist
kira999

Name/Nickname : Kira Female Posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:06 pm

I love kitsunes!!!! I draw them all the time lol

Anyway, what if we have a cute sheep thing? I love sheep XD
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Lol okay, what would be the purpose of the sheep? Just to sit there and look fluffy XD

Also, since lots of characters are losing pets because of our having to ditch the chocobos...maybe one or two of them (like Nemus maybe) would like to have a cute fox for a pet? Especially a cute fox who will sometimes find you cool items and things because it likes you...maybe you could even send it out to get things for you if it was your pet.
Back to top Go down
kira999
Artist
kira999

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:02 pm

How come we're ditching chocobos?
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:20 pm

We have to in order to avoid copyright issues with Square...there's a whole discussion on this event in the Boundaries section if you need catching up ^^

Basically, we can't have any creatures that are like signatures of Square games...we have to make our own (no chocobos, moogles, tonberrys, etc.)

I know it sux...but it was either that or risk getting sued or shut down.
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:17 am

We need to ditch many many many other things too ya know....
Fox was my favourite animal in the past but it's still the sencond in my curretn "list". Now my favourite ones are squirrels of all kind~
Grhm.. Back to the topic. This may not concern this topic but we should throw away White and Black Mage names too.. I think. Just in case. Also we can't use spells with -ra and -ga (uuh.. dictionary.. Help meeee).. suffixes? Big Grin Like Fira ja Blizzaga... We can use Fire, blizzard and thunder thou'. Smile

If there should be a pet for Nemus I think that it shouldn't be a fox but something LIKE a fox. Big Grin

And I've come up with few "chocobo and moogle" cadidates. I just can't sketch anything yet 'cause the exams are still going on... *sigh* Another weekend is going to be spent reading to them.. Sorry. Sad
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

Name/Nickname : Matthew/Nexis Male Zodiac : Leo
Birthday : 1985-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:51 am

Actually, I came up with a spell list a while back, if people want to give me some time to remember and dig it out.

And let's just go with the simple Bolt, Bolt2, Bolt3, and so on and so forth?
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Dunno about that either... I wouldn't use anything that has been in FF... Maybe Bolt lvl 2 etc. could work (al thou' it's way too long). You should post those spells of yours but into another topic. ^^''
Bwahaha! Just noticed that I used a Finnish word in the last reply. "Ja" means "and". x)
Back to top Go down
kira999
Artist
kira999

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:31 pm

I don't think that White Mage or Black Mage would be a problem because it's a pretty genric term used in not only FF but many other games too. Others that are similar that I've seen in more than one game are Dark Mage or Night Mage for black magic, then the opposite for white magic. That probably doesn't go in this section, but whatever lol

Instead of moogles we should create our own type of moogle-like animal. We should brainstorm for that here Smile
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:54 pm

I would say that instead of using black mage and white mage, use "Arcanist" or "Mage" and a "Priest".

And as for my spell list, do realize that it is what you would call a "custom" list. Either that, or we turn to a much simpler system.

Anyone ever hear of Dungeons and Dragons (and NO, it is NOT a Satanic game, fyi).
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:35 am

@Chipmunk
The pet fox-creature would be a kitsune, and therefore capable of changing its shape... if its family was murdered, we could still use the whole 'avenging the death of a helpless creature's family' plot...and because it was grateful it would stick around. It might even be similar to the game Fate, where you can send your pet to pick things up for you, and it can even change shape and help you in battle sometimes...except only Nemus would have that option cause it would be his pet ^^ Sorry, Chip I know that was a little long.

@Kira
I agree. White/black mage are pretty generic terms. We might run into trouble if we had official Red/Blue mages, but since Iza is a dragoon and Ark an alchemist (though also a mage) I think we should be fine.

@Nexis
I've heard of it but never played. Not much of an RPG player with the exception of FF lol

For a moogle-like animal...what if instead of a cat, it was a dog with floppy ears and no pom pom? Lol just thinking out loud XD
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:05 am

Ok it seems that no one has listened to me (or rather I haven't told my ideas, haha xD)!
I've got few ideas that could replace the chocobo and moogle. And @Rose, I already thought of that the "moogle" could be something like a dog (Pure coincidence! *awesome face*). I had an vision a couple of days ago but I still can't draw anything. Sad

Of.. I thou' we can't use Dragoons? Alchemist is fine but we definitely can't use Red or Blue mages... And I'm still thinking that we shouldn't use White or Black Mages either...

About that Kitsune, I agree that we could have one for Nemus as a pet but we should (ofc) change the creature's name and not use the "Kitsune".
A little helper wouldn't hurt.. Maybe it could be Nemus' little "thief" that can !Mug the enemies. ^^''
And that shapeshifting, there could be few places where only that Kitsune could enter using its ability to- well, shapeshift. Big Grin Like small hole or the bottom of a lake?

And yes, I've played D&D Online and the board game too. I didn't like it so much...
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:15 am

...Well, we can still use the magic from D&D. It's (mostly) open source.

We can use the Dragoon. The Dragoon was made SEVERAL references to, plus dragoons were SORT OF real. Except they were not Dragon Knights/Sky Knights. They were a sort of elite fire-arm militia. Even still, there was a PS1 game that was about a Dragoon. I think it was called "Legend of Dragoon" or something like that.

Red mages? Rune Knights
Black Mage? Simply just "Mage"
White Mage? Priest
Blue Mage? Wild Mage
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:31 am

Oh.. Just checked out the Wikipedia about the Dragoons. You're right. We can use them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoon_%28disambiguation%29

And we can develop some more class names too. Rune Knight sounds very cool. Big Grin But I dunno about tha Mage and Priest.. Too simple. x)
Maybe something like Arcane Mage or Elementalist... And I can't come up with anything for the White Mage. D: Holy Mage isn't good.. Paladin is a knight... Bishop.. Not. Well whatever 'cos;
THIS TOPIC IS FOR CUTE AND FRIENDLY CREATURES! :'D
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:59 pm

@ Chip...I'll try to see if I can come up with some image links for the moogle doggie XD

Kitsune is a very well known legend, so I don't think there should be a problem using it, unless you don't like it...in which case we can come up with something else...fox sprite? XD

Yeah, I was thinking of the pet along the lines of FATE, a dungeon game I used to play. In that game, the player gets either a dog or a cat as a pet, and when you are in the dungeon if you don't want to go all the way back to the village for supplies, you can send your pet to get supplies or sell items, etc.

You can also feed them certain things to make them shape-shift into other creatures and they can help you fight in battle...

But I agree, he would be a very useful little thief... I just thought the 'item' part was cool. Like you are walking along the road and realize you don't have enough potions...Hey fox go run ahead to that village and get me some potions...just an idea, sorry for another long reply X(

And my last two cents on mage classes if we're going to change them...

How about dark mage for black mage, and healer or just mage for white mage...last off topic remark, I promise Chip X)
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 am

Cute and friendly creatures Qx1ct0

So here's my little kitsune sketch.... Well?
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Awww, so cute....(pets) I really love him! What an adorable foxy!
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:34 pm

KAWAII! -squee-!
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Bwahahahaha!!! x''D Never thought heatring that coming from you, Nexis! x') *still laughing*
Thanks, both of ya. : )
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

Name/Nickname : Kat Female Zodiac : Capricorn
Birthday : 1993-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Nice! like I said on dA, he's very cute!!! *pets the kitsune* :3 dawww!
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:21 am

I'd suggest Tanuki instead of Moogles, but we all know the issue with Tanuki.
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

Name/Nickname : Kat Female Zodiac : Capricorn
Birthday : 1993-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 am

Guuuuhhhh! They're adorable! and yes. ._. But maybe we could change Tanukis a bit, make some kind of new creature based from it? :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cute and friendly creatures   Cute and friendly creatures Empty

Back to top Go down

Cute and friendly creatures
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next