Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Gaming Arena

The place for the Underground Gaming Arena to make their game(s).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Before posting anything, make sure you have read and understand the Boundaries thread!
UGA forums and the project in stalemate. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

Name/Nickname : Matthew/Nexis Male Zodiac : Leo
Birthday : 1985-08-18

Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) Empty
PostSubject: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:01 am

Aysel Risur

General

Full name: Pike Ramses

Nickname(s): None; Aysel

Species: Draiocht/Human (Human in appearance)

Birthday: Unknown

Sexuality: Straight

Relationship Status: Single

Nationality: Draiocht/Human

City or town of birth: Unknown

Currently lives: (unknown about Draiocht)

Languages spoken: Common

Native language: Common

Class: Paladin

Blood Type: B-

Religious beliefs: Draiocht (devout)

Smoker?: No

Drinker?: No.

Drug User?: No.

Appearance

Height: 5'4

Weight: 100lbs

Figure/build: Toned, almost muscular

Hairstyle and colour: Short, red hair

Eye colour: Dark blue

Skin/fur colour: Light tan

Tattoos: Brand on his arm; mark of Aysel

Scars: Down across his right eye (from the top of his brow almost straight down; he went off for training and came back with it, but never said a word about how he got it)

Piercings: none

Preferred style of clothing: Similar to Jecht, minus paldrons

Personality (and other stuff)

Personality: Follows Aysel without question. He is very stoic, and does not hesitate to use his sword. He is very quiet, and follows the rules very carefully.

Dislikes: Anyone who wishes harm on Aysel

Fears/phobias: Losing his lady.

Favourite colour: Pink (Yes, he likes pink)

Favourite food(s): An all natural diet

Favourite drink(s): Water and juices

Hobbies: Martial training. He's dedicated

Talents/skills: A master swordsman.

Combat

Peaceful or aggressive: Fights with peace, yet force.

Fighting skills/techniques: Mainly swordskills and crushing strikes.

Weapon of choice (if any): Crush Sword (aka, a mega-great-sword)

Relationships

Parents: None

Siblings: None.

Children: None.

Other Important Relatives: None.

Significant Other: "Aysel", but in a servitude way

Best Friend: Aysel

Other Important Friends: Other teammates: (later on) Nemus

Enemies: Gavrial and her cohorts.

Pets: None.

Life story: He has been raised, at birth, to serve only Aysel. And through that, he loves her in a very strange way. He does feel love for her in somewhat of a romantic way, but it's also due to his "programming" that he knows only her in his heart. He respects the elders, but would only die for Aysel.

Last edited by nexisfirestorm on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To satisfy the masses with his height)
Back to top Go down
PrincessKairi25
Organizer
PrincessKairi25

Name/Nickname : Nishma, Princess, or Kairi Female Zodiac : Gemini
Birthday : 1994-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:29 pm

So Pike likes Pink huh? ^^
From what Rose told me about his part in the game, there's a slight possibility that he might make me want to cry.
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

Name/Nickname : Thalia Female Zodiac : Capricorn
Birthday : 1994-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:38 pm

I have to point out, he's kind of...short. I mean, even fourteen-year-olds (mid-teens, anywhere from fourteen to sixteen, right?) are way taller than I am, and I'm as tall as Aysel is. 5'6". I think he's supposed to be /taller/ than she is, even if he's younger. 4'7" is somewhere are the midget-height, and if he's 3'11"....I think that should be redone a bit.

Also, I think we might be heading in the direction of his being a human or something. I don't really know how it'll all add up; the Draoichts don't have weapons, so how would he get a sword? They're peacemakers; they don't believe in violence, even for a guardian of the leader's ward.

Also, "programming" sounds like he's a robot or something. Like it was somehow wired into his brain that he /must/ care for her. I dunno, I keep seeing something...less harsh than that, know what I mean? Like, because he's spent so much time with her, he's grown to care about her. Not that he's "supposed" to or something.

I sound like such a snob, hahahaha. Sorry. ^^;

EDIT:
Sorry; I was being kicked off the comp, so that seems rushed.

When Rose first told me about this character, I'd pictured him to be like...four or five years older than Aysel. And I was given the idea that he was "betrothed" or whatever to her in a weird sort of way. Is it just his loyalty that makes it seem likely that (if all things had gone according to plan; Gavrial messed things up quite a bit, hahaha) they would have gotten married someday? It just seems odd to me that A) Kazar (Aysel's guardian/father-figure) would trust her life with somebody so much younger and smaller and B) that he'd think there'd be anything.../more/ ever between them, even if it was predetermined. Aysel was five when he was born? It just seems...unlikely, you know? I get that there's this "younger characters are more fun" thing, but if we make them too young, the natural feeling of things will be thrown off. I think if he's younger, he should be fifteen or sixteen (and like I mentioned earlier, a LOT taller, because heaven knows teenage boys are like, red woods).

Like I also mentioned, if we're going to make this work (which I want it to desperately, because I really like the idea of it all [but maybe that's because I'm getting the Simon/Clary/Jace triangle out of all this, herpderp]), we have to figure out the kinks in the race issue. Because the Draoichts are peacemakers, all their people are born with healing abilities; not a warrior's arm. What if his parents were Draoichts, but he was not born with their Mark? (the race, like almost all, is not passed on through bloodline, as neither of Aysel's true parents were Draoicht) Or his mother was a Draoicht and left to marry a human -- something happens to Daddy, so Mommy leaves her baby with her culture? I just can't see a natural-born Draoicht holding a sword in any form, even if protecting someone as important as their leader's ward.

How did he get his scar? Just out of curiosity, hahaha.

What I was trying to say about "programming" (I got cut off and rushed, dkghdakgad) is that it makes it feel like the Elders brainwashed him into protecting Aysel and nobody but her. Perhaps, because they grew up together around the same people, he was just appointed to guard her and make sure no harm came to her? It seems like it would be more likely he'd develop his "crush" on her just by being around her so much and grow to naturally feel protective towards her on his own rather than feeling like it was just his duty (although I'm sure that makes a great excuse sometimes, hahaha). Like a love out of just naturally being around someone so often that you develop those feelings.

Anyway, like I said, sorry if I sound like a snob or whatever. I'm just trying to work the pieces out in my head, hahah. For me, that means pointing out things that don't make sense to me yet, or things that might be awkward a bit later on. And I really want this to work out and be really cool and I want everyone to sob and cry when he dies, just like I will, so I'm pestering more than I usually do. Hope nobody minds me. ^^:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Name/Nickname : Rose Female Posts : 566

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:53 am

Remember when we discussed him, Thalia, we discussed him being in his early teens and that this would be all right with him being a few years younger than Aysel, but less extreme...that way he reaches of age in approx four years or so, and his age difference with Aysel wouldn't be a problem...we had him pegged at about fourteen, if I remember right...making the age difference about four years...so I just figured early teens was the right term to use, sorry if I was being too general...

We also did discuss him being short...like he hasn't had his growth spurt yet...but I do feel 3'11" might be just a little small haha...unless you meant to put 4'11", Nexis?

And I think what Nexis is trying to say about 'programming' is not like he's a robot...it's that all his life, he's only ever known and served Aysel. She's been his whole world, literally, and so the idea of loving/caring for anyone else has never occurred to him...

Also, I think the idea of the whole half human/half Draiocht thing works well so how's this for an idea: What if mommy was draiocht, a healer, and she married her true love...Pike was born with only one marking as opposed to two (I think you told me most Draiocht have two markings, which enables them to heal, correct me if I'm wrong, Thalia) so he cannot heal, and the single mark brands him forever as only being 'half' (this probably doesn't happen too often, but I can see it happening once in a while)

Something terrible and tragic happened to the family and the father died, which may be how Pike got his scar and his sword...perhaps he inherited it...and the mother, lost without her love, returns to her people seeking solace...she is accepted and her son is even given a place in Alberon, though he can never truly be one of the Draiocht people, he is still treated more or less the same as everyone else.

He and Aysel meet as children, and a definite attachment is formed. Seeing this and knowing that the boy has inherited his father's skill with the sword, Ka'zar appoints him to guard Aysel and protect her all his life, his sacred duty.

Because Pike is not *totally* Draiocht, perhaps he is even more devout and faithful than those that are, as a way of proving himself...

Lol okay now that I've left the longest post ever, I'll shut up and stop rambling.
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 am

I was thinking that he considers himself as such, but he's not ACTUALLY one of them. Doesn't possess a mark. As far as his age and whatnot, I was told to make him older. I intended on him to be 12. As far as his "programming", I use the term loosely. He's not exactly brainwashed, per se, but instead, yeah, it's the whole "he learned to love her" kind of thing.

As far as the whole age thing as a whole, I could care less, but I want him younger than her by at least 3 years.
As far as his height, I could care less what anybody says. I want a person who wields a weapon practically bigger than them. It's the whole "DANG" impression. I want people to wonder how he wields it. I want him shorter, but I will not let him go above 5'2". That is my firm stance.
You don't sound like a snob, but I feel you could really take a few steps beyond the norm here. Who's to say he may not have a growing issue? Happens all the time. Not saying he's a dwarf or something, but perhaps he is just, by nature, really short? We're not dealing with our OWN society, we're dealing with another world.
We can use our world for comparison, but not as a template.

And yes, I meant to put 4'11".
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:00 am

And I like that idea, Rose. Instead of making him a warrior, that could make him a Paladin?
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:06 am

Yes, that could work ^^

I think if he's fourteen and stands 5'2", that should be all right, right Thalia? Goodness knows, young boys do spurt up sometimes at that point, but some *like my own hubby* don't have their growth spurts until fifteen or later, so I think that's pretty reasonable...

I have to tell you, though, that the 'eye scar' thing will make me sometimes *at least mentally* refer to him as Squall...can't help it XD
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:10 am

I don't want him that tall. I'd rather have him 4'11". If that's an acceptable agreement. Heck, my friend Sean Ramos had his growth spurt over summer. Went in 5' came out 6'2".
Not kidding. And that was his Jr. year of highschool. So I stand by 4'11"
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:15 am

My husband wasn't even five foot and shot up to five eleven when he turned sixteen...but please can't we at least have him 5' or 5'1"? I know I'm one of those terribly shallow girls who has a hard time imagining a love connection if the guy is too much shorter than the girl. A little over five foot seems more reasonable to me...pwease? *makes huge puppy eyes*

Sad we'll never get to see how tall he'd eventually be either wayX(
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 am

...Fine, we make him 5'4 (just to be nice), but his sword is THAT MUCH BIGGER!
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 am

Lol okay, okay....argh I have to go to sleep now or I won't be able to yank myself out of bed at 6:45...and I have sooooo many evil jokes in mind because of my loopiness that I must shut up before I shoot my mouth off and say something stupid...
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:20 am

SAY IT! (even if you have to e-mail it), THEN get to sleep. Kthxbai nao
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:47 am

*replying as I read each post*

Well, like I said, the Mark isn't passed by bloodline. You're either born with the Mark or not (there's just the one, on the back of the right hand). It's more about...being destined and being born with the ability to be a healer of that power. Anybody can learn simple healing spells, but it takes something extra to be a Draoicht. There is no "in-between" in the race, but since his mother was of their people, I could see that they would let him stay and Kazar might see the use in having someone who was skilled with the sword in the village, just in case something were to happen in their "perfect" lives.
Anyway, I know you didn't mean an "actual" robot, hahaha. It's just that the phrasing made me feel weird. XD

Okay, I can deal if he's 5'4". I'm like you Rose, hahahah. I have a hard time seeing past anything if he's too much shorter, but two inches shouldn't be too noticeable.
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 pm

So he's not an actual member of them, but his mother passed him down perhaps because she dies, and his father is nowhere around? So they took him in, and he has a tattoo instead of a mark to show his devotion?
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Sure. Maybe he has the Mark on the inside of his right wrist, instead of on the back of the hand. To show he's not really one, but he is still loyal to them over the humans.

EDIT:
Well, Mark tattooed.
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:16 pm

That works. And his martial training comes from his innate talent and practice, plus fighting off people who have tried to disturb their peace?

Basically, he patrols around frequently. But his devotion is to Aysel first and foremost. Just happens that protecting the city involves protecting her.
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 pm

I like all the ideas...it sounds like he's really come into his own...I'm still pouting a little over the redheaded things...siiiigh, I was so hoping Iza wasn't going to be the only dark-haired person in the game, everyone else being mostly blonde and whatnot, but I'll get over it never fear XD

@Nexis...be glad I didn't say anything last night, I'd probably have been banned and not even realized what I was saying was bad until I read it the next day XD that's what happens when lack of sleep plays a factor...
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:00 pm

Well, perhaps Pike can be a Crimson Red-head, almost a black-ish red if you wish?
Back to top Go down
ThaliaAnderson
Organizer
ThaliaAnderson

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:36 pm

I pictured him with dark hair, too. Maybe a dark auburn? My hair is that color now, sorta. Like...not bright red or light red, but a darker sort of red, but could look like a mellow brown from far away.
Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:33 pm

That works...XD
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Yes, I would like that too...but that means that Drake's auburn will definitely have to be more red/brown so that they don't look like they have the same color hair XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)   Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character) Empty

Back to top Go down

Pike Ramses (NPC/Temporary Character)
Page 1 of 1