Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Welcome to the forums! Please, sign-in to continue.
Underground Gaming Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Gaming Arena

The place for the Underground Gaming Arena to make their game(s).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Before posting anything, make sure you have read and understand the Boundaries thread!
UGA forums and the project in stalemate. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Ideas on war beasts.

Go down 
+4
enchantedrose21
olivar421
ChipDaMunkh
blackcat08
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

Name/Nickname : Kat Female Zodiac : Capricorn
Birthday : 1993-01-08

Ideas on war beasts. Empty
PostSubject: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Okay so I made very rough sketches, and here it is, I need help, Suggestions, and thinking up names for them. :O
please help me design also. ^^;
http://xxx-blackcat08-xxx.deviantart.com/art/War-Beasts-Sketch-199694875
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

Name/Nickname : Chip Male Zodiac : Aquarius
Birthday : 1994-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Omg wow. O__o Freaking awesome! :la: So these are mounts of some sort? I mean that are the people really riding these things? (No doubts about the horse ofc~)
I like them. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChipDaMunkh?feature=mhee
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:37 pm

Thank you! Big Grin (speaking of 🇱🇦 I wish the epic la emoticon works here and on other sites XD) and yes, I kinda had the idea from dota/warcraft and avatar: last air bender.

*imagines a sneak peak of our game where some character is riding the bear while at war* Ooooohh *_*
Back to top Go down
olivar421
Artist
olivar421

Name/Nickname : Ian Male Zodiac : Scorpio
Birthday : 1993-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Personally my mount of choice would be a giant squirrel but that's just me.

XD
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

Name/Nickname : Rose Female Posts : 566

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:49 pm

I call dibs on the tiger!

@ Olivar, you and chip both hahaha XD
Back to top Go down
PrincessKairi25
Organizer
PrincessKairi25

Name/Nickname : Nishma, Princess, or Kairi Female Zodiac : Gemini
Birthday : 1994-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:42 pm

They look amazing Kat! I can seriously picture everyone riding each of those ^^
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Haha, if I'd be playing ths game I'll definitely won't kill the squirrel! XD

btw, HWOW I see dA emoticons here!!! woooooooooooot! Boogie

@Rose, I like that tiger! Wink

@Kairi, Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:24 pm

And wouldn't Drake look great riding it?
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Definitely! Big Grin plus the stats on the tiger might fit Drake's! Big Grin
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Oh, that would be cool! I think Iza might ride a large wolf personally...lol at the elf with some cat traits riding a giant canine! XD
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:35 pm

What actually came into my mind was "a cat riding on a dog" wth! Giggle and yeah it's a great idea! Big Grin , so what else should I add up to the beasts? aside from the wolf and how many war beast should I/we be drawing? :3

ohh mannn *imagines a small cut scene on the game where Iza fights riding a huge wolf* plain awesome *___*
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:49 pm

Yeah, I was actually wanting a pet for her...lol it'd be cool if the giant wolf beastie was her pet...Yeah, I don't really know...we probably shouldn't have *too* many species running rampant all over the place...maybe aside from Iza's wolf, they can all come from some location you can only reach via the airship, or perhaps a place that Sapirou finds? Or maybe the party starts out on them, and then leaves their beasts when they acquire access to the airship...just thinking out loud.

And maybe we should just pick four or five different ones...and the rest of the world rides horses...hahaha, jk...but if I get a vote I say Tiger, Bear, Horse (but like a large, heavy draft horse type with huge hooves) and maybe a lizard or a dragon so that Iza's wolf can remain unique XD...yes, I'm selfish like that lol...I guess we'll see what everyone else says.
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:35 am

*Speaks randomly and somewhat retarded-ly(?)* Make it six including the gigantic squirrel! XD
Nah seriously I think we can have a maximum of 6. Wink each of them can suit a character's build/stat/specialty. I'm thinking if a gigantic squirrel does fine or we can replace that to some sea creature or bird. but flying doesn't really seem so fair. D: yes let's include Iza's wolf! I was thinking of some war beast that can be bought then tamed, then raised, they level up as a character trains or fights with them XD etc. (ex: horse) and yeah some can be found on forests, jungle, be fought and later on after battle a small chance for some to join the party and become a warbeast (horse, tiger, bear - found using airships also) some are acquired from quests like dragon/salamander. Also they could be left somewhere when riding an airship/ship but that's just my crazy idea.

If I'd be voting, I'll pick the Tiger (coz it's our school's mascot haha jk! *ehem*) I love the bear!!! *puppy eyes* let's keep it!!!! and yes horse, dragon and wolf. XD Hahaha I picked all. Yes, I like Iza being unique. Wink
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:44 am

Oh cool, kinda combining the whole idea of chocobo taming, like in certain areas you have a greater chance of finding ones you can tame...

Hahaha, I dunno about the giant squirrel XD Though it might be fun to have a little easter egg about it just for laughs...that could be Olivar's easter egg!

Okay, so then one more possible species? Hmmm, I suppose a winged horse (pegasus) would be a bit too much...so what about a giant eagle, or a hawk? If one of the war beasts is a dragon, there will be some people flying anyway, but maybe you can only fly for short distances (more like gliding) so there's more of a need for the airship?

Yeah, I somehow would love to see Nemus riding a huge horse...it perpetuates the whole Robin Hood image XD
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:54 am

Yes, :3 and I kinda had that idea from various online rpg I've played XD, I'd make a dragon a quest war beast because it's quite special, fastest beast plus it breathes fire. ._. and it won't be flying, but we could have a flying dragon as 6th and LMAO hahaha, nice easter egg. XD it could be when for example, Drake tames a horse and squirrel would pop out of nowhere lol!

A pegasus seems too much, but hey, it's only what I'm thinking, birds can fly very long distances, (in order to make them glide perharps make it a giant Chicken hahaha. Darn I had no sleep today plus too much coffee. I'm hyper 8D) The airship is an epic idea and shouldn't be put to waste, so maybe I'll say dragon. (Let's design our own dragon that's only meant for gliding?)

*__* woooow, I kinda have a crush on that character actually, Chip might kill me. but I say, he looks so cool riding a horse!
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Yeah, but I want to see him ride a war charger...a huge, knight's horse...

I'm sure Chip will be flattered ROFL

Lol I love that idea for the squirrel...Drake: 0.0 Did anyone else see that?!!

Yeah, I agree dragon...but just for gliding. If you wanna fly long distance, you have to use the airship.
Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Bwahahah! :''D Ok no worries there, Cat!
I like your ideas, but a squirrel as a mount!? *more laughing* No giant squirrels as a mount, please, althou' I like them. :') I wouldn't mind thou' if a small squirrel would pass by and only Drake would see it. It could be a reference to me~ ( Yes, I'm selfish!! )

And I dunno about the dragon like creatures eather.. Maybe as an easter egg I could approve them.
If the mount would be something like a dragon I suggest a something like the monsters in FFXIII and the flying creatures from the Avatar. ( NOT TLA )
Gah! These messages are too long-- .__. So don't plame me if I mess up with something 'cause I'm in a rush right now (like always~)
See ya soon.
Back to top Go down
enchantedrose21
Writer
enchantedrose21

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:50 pm

I think making up our own version of a dragon will work, Chip...

And I think the Giant Squirrel was only going to appear for a split second, just long enough for poor Drake to feel like he's going nuts XD

No response to Cat saying she has a crush on the hero you created Wink
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Yeah that'll look good Rose! *___* hahaha he seems to be..? XD Thanks Chip!
And yeah, I like the weird squirrel scene there, no worries, no mounts. Wink
Ahh so that's how you want the dragons to look like, can you make a sketch please? Big Grin

Back to top Go down
ChipDaMunkh
Artist
ChipDaMunkh

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:50 am

Well, like Rose said we should do our own dragon like creature...
But I'm not good with those things. I've got so many other things to do so there won't be any sketches from me for a while... *sigh* Sorry.
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:08 am

lol it's kay, RL stuff goes first.
lol I'm not very good with dragons, but I could browse a few images and observe and try to draw them I guess. Then I'll try to draw what I have in mind. :3
Back to top Go down
olivar421
Artist
olivar421

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:18 pm

I sketched some pretty ridiculous armor for a bear today. I'll upload it later.
Back to top Go down
blackcat08
Artist
blackcat08

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:01 am

awesome! I look forward to seeing it! Big Grin
Back to top Go down
olivar421
Artist
olivar421

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down
nexisfirestorm
Writer
nexisfirestorm

Name/Nickname : Matthew/Nexis Male Zodiac : Leo
Birthday : 1985-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:44 pm

I drooled. A LOT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on war beasts.   Ideas on war beasts. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas on war beasts.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next